Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Introducing..... Handmade Heaven

When I first started this blog I was a bit stuck as to how I would keep everyone interested as I don't particularly do anything crafty or handmade but love "handmade"... if that makes sense.

Anyway, so I have decided to help my fellow "Handmadies" promote themselves via my blog.

My first promotion is......


I interviewed Liesa from Hadmade Heaven who gave us a little insite into her new little boutique and herself... enjoy!


1. How long has Handmade Heaven been open for? Handmade Heaven officially opened on 16th June. This is week 3 for me.


2. How did the Handmade Heaven concept start? Doing the Handmade Expo, I found a niche in the South East Queensland market for a handmade only shop. If it wasnt for The Handmade Expo, I would not have Handmade Heaven. Thats why I still go to the markets and get Leisha (a very dear and trusted friend) to look after my shop.


3. Now, I know this is a hard question but if you could choose one favourite Handmadie, who would that be? oooo, I would have to say that I have 2...Bubba Chenille and Cute as Buttons


4. How do you go about selling your handmade product in Handmade Heaven? You basically lease out some space to promote and sell your handmade goodies. Just email me at handmadeheaven@optusnet.com.au and I will email you terms and conditions.


5. What is your favourite colour? It has always been purple, but I would have to say that I am surrounded by pink and brown sooo much that they would have to be my 2 faves


6. You are also one of the co-ordinators of The Handmade Expo (as am I), what is it about The Handmade Expo that sets it apart from the other markets? We are very family orientated. We like to treat people the way that we like to be treated. We stay at the market from open to close and we also have time for our stallholders. WE keep them very up to date with the goings on of the market. We are very different and we find once you come to us you will become a regular.


7. Who would you like to see fill out the Handmadie Questionnaire next? I would have to say Mum from Bubba Chenille...Keep it in the family.


8. Describe yourself in one sentence. I am a very driven person and once I get an idea in my head, good luck trying to stop me.


9. Now give yourself a plug, where can we find you, how can we contact you?? You can find me at Handmade Heaven which is located at Shop #11, 231 Brisbane St, Ipswich.. In the Old Flour Mill. My website is http://www.handmadeheaven7.blogspot.com/ and email is handmadeheaven@optusnet.com.au Come on down and say hi. I am always up for a chat. Why not do some handmade shopping while you are here!


Thank you so much Liesa for a little bit of insite into Handmade Heaven. If you haven't already ventured down to the Old Flour Mill, make sure you put it on your things to do - you won't be dissapointed.


Keep an eye our for the next Handmadie to appear here.... If you would like to give yourself a plug and be apart of it please shoot me a comment and let me know otherwise, I might just turn up on your doorstep.


Micky


xxoo


3 comments:

  1. This is a fab concept Mick. Thanks for picking me, I could have written so much more because I am so passionate...oh, listen to me ramble on. I am sure it all shows in everything I do.

    Luff me
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micky, great Idea! its great to get inside the heads of the designers/creators.
    If your stuck for volunteers happy to assist.
    Michelle
    Vintage Visions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely comment....the admiration is mutual and we are really glad you took the plunge! Lisa. x

    ReplyDelete