Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Now there is this beautiful cuff bought from Linda at Lilly's Cottage. I absolutely love her stuff but because my house adorns the male species I really haven't been able to buy the shabby chic..... so, it is my mission to start and I am going to start with Linda. I also bought this bunting from her that I have put up in my room... Just loving the blue!
Then the photo's that I promised of the shirts that I bought from Cute as Buttons. My boys are huge fans... and they loved their Plane Shirts. Thanks Buttons!
I also bought this gorgeous handbag from Designs by Danna. The fabric is to die for and I am really into red and black at the moment... I also took this to the Ipswich Cup..
Monday, July 20, 2009
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Head to THE website for more information such as times, places etc. but definitely a festival not to be missed... I will be there with bells on and gloves and a beanie and anything else to keep me warm... LOL
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
1. How long has Bubba Chenille been established for? I have been livin' the dream for about 18 months now.
2. What brand of sewing machine do you own? Janome sewing machine and Babylock overlocker
3. Tell us about your handmade products. I make childrens clothing, bags and purses, luggage tags, cushions and my best seller are my heat packs. All made from pre loved chenille and some cotton prints, new and vintage.
4. What markets do you regularly attend? The Handmade Expo every month (I have to!), Queens Park in Toowoomba sometimes, Brisstyle markets and this year I have been invited to attend Christmas in the Country in Gatton (6th and 7th November).
5. Do you sell your Bubba Chenille in any shops, local or interstate? I have a shop in Sydney I provide cushions, purses and hats and a chemist in Ipswich sells my heat packs.
6. Now, I know this is a hard question but if you could choose one favourite Handmadie, who would that be? Sorry, I have too many faves I couldn't poosibly do this!
7. What is your favourite colour? Hello ! I'm a girl ! Pink of course..
8. You are also one of the co-ordinators of The Handmade Expo (as am I), what is it that you most look forward to on Expo days? Shopping! Ok then, I enjoy seeing and catching up with all our stallholders, some have been with us for nearly a year, thats more than I see some of my family! And I am just soooo into handmade these days!
9. Who would you like to see fill out the Handmadie Questionnaire next? Maybe the Green Bag Lady, she's very inspirational!
10. Describe yourself in one sentence. A passionate HANDMADIE
11. Now… give yourself a plug… where can we find you, how can we contact you?? Well I have a website that Liesa is working on as we speak ! http://www.bubbachenille.com.au/ That will lead you to my blog and my etsy store and I have some things for sale on http://www.madeit.com.au/ or you can go direct to my blog to catch up with what I've been doing http://www.bubbachenille.blogspot.com/ My fave is markets though, I never thought it would be but there you have it. I try to make all my clothes one offs and slightly change styles regularly so no one gets bored! You can also find my things at Handmade Heaven in The Old Flour Mill in Ipswich.
Thank you Miriam (and Mum) for a little bit of insite into Bubba Chenille.
Keep your eye peeled for another Handmadie soon to be interviewed on my blog.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Thursday, July 2, 2009
If you could then leave a comment on either this blog or Handmade Heaven blog to let Liesa know that you have supported her. She will really appreciate it as she is so passionate about handmade, this would give handmade a huge push in the retail world...
Thank you so much and we wish Liesa the best of luck.